Pre-Production Engineer TBA
As Pre-Production Engineer, you will be preparing customer data for use in the quotation and manufacturing processes. Checking the accuracy of bill of materials and the Pre-Production team to ensure deadlines are met in accordance with requirements from the sales team.
- Managing the Pre-Production team to ensure deadlines are met in accordance with requirements from the sales team.
- Review customer Bills of Materials and query missing information or errors.
- Check Factory Master MRP system for any previously used parts.
- Create part numbers on Factory Master MRP system using data from supplier and manufacturer websites.
- Import data from Excel to create bills of materials on MRP system.
- Create process routes for production and enter calculated job timings from excel tools.
- Liaise with customers on technical queries.
- Liaise with Sales team on quotation priorities.
- Liaise with Production Engineering to ensure essential data is communicated and quoted products are within factory capability.
- Liaise with Purchasing team on quote related queries.
- Maintain “Quotes” email inbox.
- Ensure all data is entered accurately on to factory master.
- Assist Production Engineering with admin duties when required.
- Sort customer data by type into appropriate network locations on receipt.
- Raise engineering change notes when processing up issues to previously manufactured assemblies.
- Checking the accuracy of Bills of Materials processed by team members.
- Checking the accuracy of routes and job timing generated by team members.
- Monitoring productivity and assign work to team members based upon priorities from Sales director.
Qualifications, Skills and Education Requirements
- Advanced Excel ability.
- Good communication, both written and verbal.
- Able to manage own workload.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Basic knowledge of electronic components.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Previous experience in electronics industry
- Education to A level standard.
- Experience of using MRP systems.