Electronics Technician Salary: Depending on Experience | Company: Speed Assembly Services
Electronics Inspection Technician As an Inspection Technician you will be using Automated Optical Inspection (AOI) to identify and repair defects from surface mount as well as hand soldering and manually inspecting to the required IPC-610 class.
- Visual and optical inspection of PCBs for conformance to the correct issue of specifications and drawings.
- Inspect PCB assemblies to check soldering and components are correctly placed, making full use of the appropriate inspection tools including AOI.
- Re-work of SMT (surface mount technology) and THT (Through hole Technology) components.
- Operate AOI machine (load and unload).
- Hand solder through hole technology components as part of production process.
- Label/Book in parts when required.
- Load/Unload components for surface mount machine.
- Manually inspect assemblies to ensure the met the specified IPC-610 requirements.
Qualifications, Skills and Education Requirements
- You should be able to work individually or within a team.
- Be flexible and proactive.
- Have an understanding of Health & Safety (the importance of their own actions & responsibility to others).
- Be able to follow work instructions both verbal & written.
- Be methodical.
- Have good eyesight and colour vision.
- Have suitable fitness levels. While performing the duties of this role, the employee may be required to stand, bend, kneel, twist, reach overhead.
- A flexible approach with a positive attitude will be required to join a very busy and growing company.
- Ideally the successful candidate will have a solid track record in this area of the electronics manufacturing industry.
- Candidates are required to be highly skilled at soldering and have experience in inspection.
IPC-610 trained candidates are preferred.
Salary: Dependent on experience